Whether it’s because of a leaking roof, high humidity or condensation, there are plenty of ways water can enter your home and cause damage to it. For more than two decades, the professionals at Flood and Mold NJ have helped homeowners limit the financial losses and reduce the health risks they experience during flooding. If you’re in need of mold removal or flood restoration services in Howell, New Jersey, you can count on us to come to the rescue.
Flood Restoration in Howell, New Jersey
If you’ve experienced damage in your home because of flooding, whether it’s because of a leak or a weather event, you’ll need a professional restoration team to restore your life back to normalcy. At Flood and Mold NJ, our team of restoration technicians has more than two decades of experience helping both homeowners and business owners cut their financial losses and save as much of their valuable belongings as possible.
Here are some common reasons you might need professional flood restoration services:
- Flooding from a leaking roof or ice dam
- Water damage caused by high humidity
- Flooding from leaking pipes
- Flooding caused by pooling water at the foundation
- Water damage from condensation on windows or exterior walls
Mold Removal & Remediation in Howell, New Jersey
One of the many questions we receive asks whether a homeowner can remove the mold in his or her home without professional help. Honestly, it depends on the type of mold, the amount and the size of the affected area. You can usually remove any type 1 allergen with a detergent solution if it takes up less than 10 square feet. To determine which mold has infected your property, you first must test it.
If the mold takes up more than 10 square feet and is considered to be toxic, cleaning it could pose a danger to your health. You should definitely consult a trained professional for the removal of black mold.
Here are some tips for cleaning non-toxic allergenic mold:
- Use surgical latex gloves, goggles and an N95-rated mask.
- Never mix a weak bleach solution with anything other than water.
- Always thoroughly dry the affected areas.
- Follow the recommended guidelines set by the Environmental Protection Agency.
- When in doubt, contact a professional mold removal company.
Mold Testing in Howell, New Jersey
If you suspect mold growth in your home or office, your next call should be to a certified mold inspector who can perform the proper test to confirm or reject your suspicions. Considering the indoor air quality problems and health risks that mold can create, it’s important to test your property for mold seasonally.
Here are some other times when should you consider testing your home or business for mold:
- Your home or business has a musty odor.
- The property has experienced a leak recently.
- There are visible signs of water damage in the home.
If you’re in need of emergency mold removal or flood restoration in Howell, New Jersey, or the surrounding communities, or if you’d like a free quote on any of our services, contact Flood and Mold NJ today at (732) 928-7798.